Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blogsy is a content creation tool built for iPad

I'm writing this blog post on a new tool downloaded from the App Store, Blogsy. Blogsy is a rich media-enabled content creation tool that integrates well with other cloud-based media sites such as Flickr and YouTube.

Blogsy connects to your accounts on those services, then allows for drag-and-drop inclusion of photos and videos into a blog post.

Here's a picture:

Tourest motel sign

I find I am quickly building a content creation path that goes something like iPhone to Flickr, Flickr to Blogsy, Blogsy to Blogger. By moving media from the device to the cloud, I don't have to worry about which device the image is on, or when or how I last synced the device. Just shoot it, upload it and it is available for whatever environment I want to share it with.

It will be interesting to see whether the big guns - YouTube, Flickr, etc - can maintain a grip on these content creation services or whether other upstarts can break in. For instance, I'd like to be able to access my Instagram images directly from Blogsy. I know Instagram has released an API, so maybe that sort of thing is in the not-too-distant future.

No comments: